1st Annual Halloween Candy Buy-Back Event A Huge Success!!!
Dr. Warren Woodruff on WDIV Local 4 News with with Guy Gordon and Karen Drew to discuss Orchard Maple Family Dental’s 1st Annual Halloween Candy Buy-Back event. Video © of WDIV Local 4 News.
On November 1, 2, and 3, we held our 1st Annual Halloween Candy Buy-Back event at Orchard Maple Family Dental. It was a great success! We collected 240 pounds of candy. 48 families stopped by our office to donate. We would like to thank all of the children who came and donated their Halloween candy as well as wrote letters to the soldiers overseas. Our goal was to help promote good oral health habits to the children in our community as well as giving back to those who serve and protect us.
On November 8, we packaged and shipped all of the candy, thank you letters, and extra toothbrushes to Operation Gratitude in California. Operation Gratitude will then include the candy that we sent and assemble it in care packages. The care packages include other things that have been donated by other organizations such as DVDs, stuffed animals, stacks of greeting cards, socks, scarves, CDs, and more. We would estimate that none of the packages contain more than a handful of candy. In most cases, we’re distributing the candy from one child to multiple service members.
Thanks to the great assistance by our Public Relations Event Director, Carmen Woodruff, we received great promotion for our event throughout the month of October. At the top of this post you will see Dr. Warren Woodruff being interviewed by WDIV Local 4 News. Below is a list of some of the news outlets (with links to the articles) that promoted our event:
- The West Bloomfield Beacon
- The Oakland Press Write Up #1
- The Oakland Press Write Up #2
- WDIV Local 4 News Click On Detroit
- My Fox Detroit
- Michigan Chronicle
- Metro Parent
- Oakland County Moms
- CBSDetroitLocal and WWJ News Radio 950AM
- The West Bloomfield Patch
At our event, we gave away several raffle prizes. Congratulations to our winners!:
- Free One Year Quality Dental Plan Membership – Barb Wyszynski (Due to Barb already having dental insurance, she graciously donated her prize to our patient, Jasmine Gadie. Thank you Barb and congratulations Jasmine!)
- Stuffed Animal – Logan Amori
- Stuffed Animal – Marissa Garrett
- Connect 4 Game – Terri Bell
- Miniature Basketball Hoop – Victoria Kasgorgis
- Children’s Electric Toothbrush – Stacy Zousmer
Pictures From The Event
Our event couldn’t have been possible without all of the volunteers who helped to make the event a success:
- Event Organizer: Dr. Warren Woodruff
- Public Relations Event Director: Carmen Woodruff
- Promotion of Event: Hertha Woodruff, Dr. Amira May, Pina Rembert, Jane Forney
- Flyer Design: Dr. Amira May
- Volunteers on the day of the event: Hertha Woodruff, Paris Edwards, Kimber Forney, Pamela Callaway, Cerise Tounsel, Doris Anderson, and Carolyn Briscoe
- Donation of Noodles and Company Buy 1 and Get 1 Free Coupons for the children: Michael Endres, Director of Marketing at Pasta Per Trio / Noodles & Company
- Donation of Return Address labels for the troops: Bettie Barton
- Donation of a portion of the shipping fees: Sharon Sefton, The UPS Store: West Bloomfield
Thanks again for everyone who helped with our event. We are already looking forward to next year!
Did you know that we are now on Facebook? Please “like” our page at www.facebook.com/omfdental for great dental health tips, contests, giveaways, and great special announcements!
Comments are closed.